We had a good time with Destiny 2 last year. At Gamescom, we got to have even more good times with the upcoming Destiny 2 Forsaken expansion.
Forsaken is loaded with new PVP and PVE content, weapons, and story. It’s the perfect time for newcomers and those of you who abandoned the game, to start playing. Especially if you have a PS+ account since Destiny 2 is free to download throughout September.
Before we continue, I should warn you that the rest of the article will discuss major plot spoilers for Destiny 2. If you’re not into those, check out one of our other pieces. Maybe the one about Cyberpunk 2077 or World of Tanks VR prototype?
Now back to Destiny 2. The spoiler and catalyst for the events in Destiny 2 Forsaken, is the death of our beloved Exo guardian Cayde-6.
The developers describe Forsaken as a “new entry to the Destiny 2 story with a bigger story and more personal stakes.” You’ll be investigating and retaliating against Uldren Sov, who is responsible for the death of Cayde.
As with all expansions, Destiny 2 Forsaken will feature new legendary weapons and armor:
- Two-Tailed Fox, a double-barreled rocket launcher.
- Trinity Ghoul, a bow that shoots electric arrows.
- Malfeasance, a hand cannon that fires detonating shots.
- Black Talon, a sword that can shoot projectiles at enemies.
- One Thousand Voices, a beam gun that shoots exploding laser beams.
- Ace of Spades, Cayde-6’s handy hand cannon.
- The Sixth Coyote, Hunter’s chest piece that lets you perform a double dodge.
- Antaeus Wards, Titan boots that can reflect projectiles, including rockets.
- Chromatic Fire, a Warlock’s chest piece that gives every precision kinetic kill an elemental explosion
- Wish-Ender, a bow that can allow you to see through walls and pierce targets
Forsaken will also feature a new game mode called Gambit, that will incorporate both PVP with PVE elements. In this mode, you will be playing in two teams of four, and tackle waves of enemies. Gambit mixes things up by allowing a single-player to invade the other team’s arena and sabotage their efforts.
The match ends when one of the team beats the boss, but this will not be easy. During the boss battle, a player from the opposing team will continuously invade your team’s arena.
Destiny 2 Forsaken will launch on September 4. Vanilla Destiny 2 is currently free to play with PS Plus, and this might be an excellent opportunity for players to jump into the action.
For Cayde!Some of our posts include links to online retail stores. We get a small cut if you buy something through one of our links. Don't worry, it doesn't cost you anything extra.