Gamescom 2017 is less than a month away, so it’s that time when companies start announcing upcoming announcements.
The first one to do so is THQ Nordic, which recently announced Darksiders 3.
The company has revealed the line-up of games it will bring to the convention, and its their “biggest line up so far” with a total of 8 games. Two of them have yet to be announced.
First let’s get to the really the interesting part – the two unannounced titles.
The first announcement is a brand new IP. It’s an open world RPG set in a “unique universe”. It is also marketed as a “post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable”. So can we expect to roundhouse kick a bunch of robot zombies? Cause I’m all for that.
The second game is a new installment in a “well-known, mysterious and horrific IP”. Going over the list of IPs THQ Nordic acquired over the years, I found one likely suspect – Painkiller.
Is THQ Nordic working on a new Painkiller game? Could be, I don’t know. However, I couldn’t really find anything else in the company’s library that bits the bill.
Here are the rest of THQ Nordic’s Gamescom 2017 line-up:
- A near-to-final version of ELEX, an open world RPG from Piranha Bytes
- Battle Chasers: Nightwar, an RPG nominated for the “Best RPG of E3” award
- A segment from the single-player campaign of SpellForce 3
- First-person underwater shooter Aquanox: Deep Descent
- An “improved version” of The Guild 3, including a surprise announcement
- Wreckfest, Bugbear Entertainment’s next driving game
When we visit Gamescom 2017 next month, we’ll be sure to swing by THQ Nordic’s booth to see what’s what.
Some of our posts include links to online retail stores. We get a small cut if you buy something through one of our links. Don't worry, it doesn't cost you anything extra.