Platinum Games has released another long Nier: Automata gameplay video, but this one doesn’t include narration and really lets you delve into the world, combat and quests.
This video also focuses much more on the RPG elements Nier: Automata features, as well as other game systems, like the “Reliquary” System, which lets players revive their fallen body as an ally in combat. We’ve heard about this system before, but this is the first video that shows it in action.
Here is a list of some of the gameplay elements you’ll see during these 28 minutes of non-stop Nier: Automata gameplay:
- “Reliquary” System – Players can return to where their characters were defeated to gain additional buffs, or even gain an ally to assist in their battle against the fearsome machines.
- 17 Different Pod Skills – Using “Pods,” your mini-robot companions, players can not only temporarily hover or be thrown distances to access additional areas, but each Pod can be programmed with a variety of offensive and defense skills, including lasers, hammers, and more. By using up to three Pods at the same time, players can also charge their skills to make them up to three times stronger.
- “Plug-in-Chip” System – By installing chips into your android body, players can increase damage and add skills to help survive against enemies.
- Riding System – Players can ride boars and other wildlife for quicker travel, while also using them to attack.
- Quest Hub – As players immerse themselves in the desolate world, they can take on a variety of sub-quests from multiple Quest Hubs scattered throughout.
- Fishing Minigame – Players can catch a variety of fish through this mini-game to sell or gain temporary beneficial status effect.
Nier: Automata will launch on PlayStation 4 on March 7 in North America, and March 10 in Europe. Still no official word on the PC version’s launch date, though.Some of our posts include links to online retail stores. We get a small cut if you buy something through one of our links. Don't worry, it doesn't cost you anything extra.