With Final Fantasy XV just a day away from launch, Square Enix has decided to release the full details about the game’s day 1 patch, also known as the Crown Update.
For starters, Square Enix said that Noctis will have 2 new moves inspired by the Omen trailer: The “Shift (Warp) Drop Kick”, and the “Backward Shift (Warp) Magic”. Square also mentioned that the Wait Mode will be tweaked to make it more dynamic. Gathering info about enemies with Libra will be quicker, Killing enemies will fill the Wait Gauge, and Shift Breaking into an enemy with less than half HP will increase the damage multiplier.
Furthermore, a red filter will warn players when their health is low, a new Enemy Whistle can attract enemies in the area, and players can now listen to the in-game the in-game music player while walking.
The Regalia, which is the car you’ll be driving throughout the game, will also receive a few updates. Opening the menu during auto-drive will not stop the car (which is good, cause either wise it would have been really annoying), and you will be able to shop with driving, thanks to the Regalia Shop.
You can find the rest of the update notes below, thanks to a translation by Nova Crystallis. The Crown update will reportedly be around 7.2GB, and you can download it on November 29, when Final Fantasy is released on PlaYstation 4 and Xbox One.
- Added actions inspired by the “Omen” trailer produced by Digic Pictures to the game:
- “Shift (Warp) Drop Kick” (When daggers are equipped).
- “Backward Shift (Warp) Magic” (Elemental Magic Activation within a short distance).
- Below are examples of Wait Mode-exclusive abilities added to Ability Call to improve the Wait Mode experience:
- Libra Speed Increase: By using Libra you can obtain information more quickly.
- Wait Gauge Recovery: The Wait Gauge will recover upon defeating an enemy.
- Surprise Attack Shift Break :When Shift Breaking to an enemy that isn’t targeting you it’s easy to destroy the targeted part.
- Final Blow Shift Break: When Shift Breaking to an enemy with less than half HP, the damage multiplier will increase.
- Additional battle screen effects added to make it easier for players to understand their HP status:
- When HP is less than 25%, the whole screen will be covered by a light red filter.
- When in a pinch, the whole screen will be covered by a dark red filter.
- The Enemy Whistle will be available to use after downloading the patch. You can call monsters but they won’t always appear.
- Movement taken at the time of a MP Burst is cancelled. Trying to shift in MP Burst will cause movements to fail.
- You can now shift forward in the field outside of battle.
- Music Player item has been added so that you can listen to your favorite songs while walking.
- A gallery has been added to the main menu where you can see the dishes acquired by Ignis and the fish caught by Noctis.
- Opening the menu during auto-drive will not halt driving.
- Regalia Shop added that lets you shop while riding in the Regalia.
- Event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer were added as they exceeded the disc space capacity.
- Various bug fixes.
- Adjustments to gameplay comfort:
- Camera adjusted in narrow areas.
- Menu use improved.
- Addition of other functions to enhance convenience.
- Adjustments to improve the main scenario experience:
- Changes to towns were made to fit the scenario.
- Changes to the open world were made to fit the scenario.
- Side-quests have been balanced, dish types added, added fish types and fishing locations.
- Leviathan boss encounter and battle experience further improved.
Some of our posts include links to online retail stores. We get a small cut if you buy something through one of our links. Don't worry, it doesn't cost you anything extra.